Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Life Expeience relating to Kuhlthau


MY LIFE =
• Being a Mum to 2 year old Son
• Being a Wife to a busy Husband
• Working full time in a brand new school
• Working as a Teacher-Librarian, Learning Support Teacher and ICT Coordinator
• Preparing documents for our school Registration (in three weeks)
• Busily adjusting the way in which the school Library operates (as I have been learning more about the role of Teacher Librarian and the various models – this has informed and changed the way in which I operate.
• Working my way though this very helpful and informative course, completing the readings and attempting to tackle the second assignment.
• Working my way through Assignment 2


As I tackle the business of life and prioritise my tasks, work through the assignments and try to unpack the information, I feel an overwhelming array of emotions, Kuhlthau reminds me this is OK! The process of information literacy is very real for me and I feel as though I am living through Kuhlthau’s Information Search Process. I am very aware of the information process I am taking and the real link this has influenced with my emotions.

As I begin the process of tackling the Assignment questions – I remind myself of how I best learn .... To read, think and reflect, read some more, think some more and reflect a whole lot more..... etc. I firmly believe that in order to really absorb and transform the knowledge and information, you need the time to learn about it, relate it to what you already know, and to think and reflect upon it. This process, adds to the richness of the initial information, and allows the learner to transform this knowledge into a new form of knowledge that is personal to them, when given time to THINK, LINK and REFLECT upon it.